PWA stands for Progressive Web App. This feature will allow you or your readers to add your site their desktop or mobile devices as a standalone application.
You can find the settings by logging into your WordPress site and navigating to Appearance → Mediavine Trellis → PWA
Provide your PWA Short Name (usually the name of your site), a 6-digit hex code for the Theme Color (we recommend using your Primary or Secondary color for this), and add a square site icon.
Site Icons should be at least 512 × 512 pixels. This image will also serve as your site icon, or favicon.
Click Save in the upper right corner of the Mediavine Trellis settings to save your PWA settings.
To add the site as a PWA to your desktop
If you're using the Chrome browser you'll see a small plus sign in the right corner of the address bar. Click on plus sign in the address bar, then follow the prompts to install the app to your desktop device.
To add the site to your iPhone or iOS device, use the Safari browser and follow these steps:
- Launch Safari and navigate to a website you frequently visit.
- Tap the Bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen (it resembles a box with an upward-pointing arrow).
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
- Accept the suggested name for the shortcut, or enter one you like better.
- At the top of the screen, tap Add to save the new shortcut icon to the home screen
To add the site to your Android device, launch the Chrome app and follow these steps:
- Open the website or web page you want to pin to your home screen.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap Add to Homescreen.
NOTE: If you have your own PWA tool or are experiencing issues with built-in PWA feature, it can be disabled by navigating to Appearance → Mediavine Trellis → PWA → Uncheck the setting for Enable PWA.
If you're disabling the PWA feature because of an issue, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org