If you're using a static homepage on your WordPress site, you might want to have a little more creative control over how the homepage title displays.
By default, Trellis will display the page title on all pages. However, after you've determined that a page will be your static homepage, a new setting will be available to you.
Step 1: Set the page as your homepage.
- First, publish the page.
- Then navigate to Appearance → Customize → Homepage Settings
- Select the option for a Static Page
- In the dropdown menu for Homepage, select the name of your custom page (Front Page, for example)
Step 2: Hide the page title
One last step you'll need to take is hiding the page title from the homepage. Trellis will now have a setting for this in the editor for your static homepage.
- Navigate to the Page in your editor
- In the top right corner of the page editor, click the Trellis logo
- Under the Trellis Settings menu, enable the setting to Hide the home page title
Now your homepage should display just as you designed it, without the unwanted page title.